Sunday 12 April 2009

Happy Easter

Of course my boys are away at my In-laws this Easter, so no easter egg hunt for us this year. Although we do still have a huge bag of eggs upstairs from my family. So just in case the boys haven't had enough chocolate there is a load waiting for them to come home, if I can keep my hands off it that is *evil laugh*

My Easter Sunday has been spent mostly in bed or at the sewing machine. I have got loads of work done on the secret project. I fixed the anemone, I think it looks much better now.



I covered the top of the anemone in the sparkly fabric I'm incorporating in other parts of the quilt. This is the first time I've used textures other than cotton and so far I'm pleased with it.

I added a couple more corals, I think I've covered the bottom enough now, I will be adding a few fish later.

I have also done the main feature of the quilt, a huge leatherback turtle, I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

It's not the best picture, the quilt was draped over the back of the chair, I so didn't want to drag Andy out to hold the quilt up yet again, although I'm sure he wouldn't have grumbled :)

Look at this grumpy face!



I ribbed his shell before attaching it to the quilt. This gives it the nice lines that leatherbacks have. Our printer is very poorly so I had to rely on copying images by hand and then just trying to draw it bigger, I'm pleased with it though, I think it looks good. The real test will be what George thinks, I hope he likes it!


I'm working on the top of it now, I wanted to show the surface of the water with turtle silhouettes, I'm not sure if I like how it has turned out or not, no picture yet as unless it's daylight the pictures just don't work. Hopefully I will finish the quilt top tomorrow.

Happy Easter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment